Tiles are a great choice to add value to a home. Unfortunately, when not cared for properly they can become scratched or chipped. When this happens it can lessen the effect of the tiles greatly. For those who have tiles but want to prevent scratches, here’s a guide to the tips you can use to prevent scratches and chips on your honed stone tiles.
- Heavy Object – The first thing to remember is not to slide heavy objects across them. This includes furniture, tables, chairs or even potted plants. If you need to slide something use furniture protectors.
- No Sand Grout – Some grouts have sands in them, and when it comes loose after long wear and tear it can cause scratching. It’s a good idea to use grout that has different ingredients to help prevent unnecessary scratching.
- Vacuum – If you’re going to vacuum your tiles, avoid vacuuming them if you have a beater bar. Beater bars can cause scratching to occurring on your tiles. So what do you use instead you ask? Try a wet mop with warm water instead for the best results.
Scratching and chipping of tiles can be extremely frustrating when it occurs and you can’t do anything about it. By taking the time to work out the best ways to move furniture and clean your tiles, you can help prevent your tiles from becoming damaged. So were you doing any of these things?
Did you know that proper care of your vehicle allows you to save money? Getting your Mercedes repairs done at a professional mechanic is important to help maintain your car’s health. However, if you want to do some of the maintenance yourself. Here’s some top tips that you should consider to make sure your car runs perfectly at all time.
- Check The Oil – It’s a good idea to check the oil once a month to help reduce the risk of it running out and your engine seizing. If your engine seizes, it means you’ll need a new engine. This can lead to thousands of dollars which you may not have.
- Check The Water – It’s also important to check the water in your radiator to ensure your car’s not running out of water. If you find your vehicle is running hotter than usual it means your vehicle is using a lot of water and may be almost out. Overheating your vehicle can cause major engine problems which can be costly to repair.
- Keep A Check On Your Fan Belts – If you’re more knowledgeable in cars, keep an eye on the health of your fan belts. Fan belts can snap when they aren’t changed or when they succumb to wear and tear. Always keep this in mind when checking your oil and water.
Getting your vehicle serviced regularly can help to keep your vehicle running at optimal efficiency. By taking the time to understand your vehicle and doing some small changes you can maintain your car a lot easier. So are you going to have your vehicle serviced?
Tiling by yourself is a big job, but it can be very rewarding. When it comes to tiling it’s always good to have a few tips to help you get started. For those going to tile, here’s some tiles High Wycombe tips to help you get started.
- Clean The Surface Area – The first thing you need to do is clean the surface area where your tiles will be placed. It’s important that waterproofing is placed on the walls first to ensure that the walls won’t be damaged from water.
- Choose The Right Adhesive – The next thing to consider is choosing an adhesive that’s right for the space it’s going to be placed in. Some adhesives don’t go in some areas. Some adhesives are also prone to cracking if they’re cheap. Get a well-known brand for the best effect.
- Draw A Plan – When preparing to tile your wall it’s best to plan it out first in order to get the tiles flowing right. Without them flowing right you won’t have a professional look and finish that you may be after. Always create a plan and layout of how the tiles will be so you can have a great finish.
When it comes to tiling, there’s so many things you need to consider. By taking the time to consider these tips you can really make your next tiling adventure a successful. So are you ready to tile?